Saturday, November 04, 2006

After becoming a Red Sox fan during Roger's era at Boston, I finally made my trek to "the church of baseball": Fenway about 3 years ago. I put together a baseball trip for 3 friends and myself. We attended games at "The Vet" in Philly, Yankee Stadium in New York and Fenway Park in Boston. Although I was not looking forward to going to The Toilet, I was please to find out that MY Roger was pitching! But words could not describe my feelings and how my heart jumped when I walked down the ramp for the first time to see The Green Monster. Below is a short poem I wrote for my trio of girls on the day we flew to the east coast. It epitomizes my love for baseball.
Diamonds

They say diamonds are a girls’ best friend
perfect in shape, form,
brilliant color reflecting in the admirers’ eyes.
Each one different than the next;
Yet all bring the same feelings,
the same joy, the same smile
When a man steps up to the plate and
Finally says, “Play Ball!”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have begun!