Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Schill is Gone...




So I can't just ignore it? Put my head into the sand?? I thought maybe if I just read about it but didn't write about it...it wouldn't be true. But Schill finally decided to hang up his cleats and when he did...he temporarily put the internet on pause....somehow I think Hell was freezing over.

He gave us a World Series we'll never forget. He gave us his bloody sock. He gave us chills, thrills, and goosebumps that series. We hurrahed on whooped when he was on the mound doing his thing....and cringed when he opened his mouth talking about politics. But we loved him cos he brought us to the Promised Land....World Series Champions!!!!

I have always been a spontaneous type of gal...but I did something I never thought I would....fly up to merely attend a parade...to see the boys float by in duck boats. It was the BEST parade EVER!













I'll never forget the year after we won when I attended Spring Training....I had been invited to a charity dinner that a couple of friends organized to benefit ALS...a disease for which Curt Schilling had become a fighter against. Sitting at one of the front tables with Curt and Shonda at the table next to me...it was one of the most surreal moments in my life. Then when I was asked by the emcee to say what was going on in my mind the night it happened....I felt like a little kid in elementary school who'd won the Spelling Bee. During the rest of the evening, some of us had a bottle of Godiva chocolate liquer and taking shots in the 2004 World Series shot glass. At one point, I looked over as I brought the shot glass to my lips and saw Curt peering over at us...watching us...he sorta had a smile on his face....I remember looking at him, raising my eyebrows as if to say "WOOOOOOT!!"


Thanks Curt for giving us 2 GREAT Years!!!! I wish you well and hope your gaming company really keeps kicking it!!!








**bloody sock picture courtesy of mlb and other two pics are mine.

2 comments:

Ted D said...

Well said, sis. And I forgot you got your picture made with Schill!

We used the same picture again....

It's getting a little scary.

HorshamScouse said...

That's a great pic Tex, and a great memory.
Love the BB King reference too.