Saturday, August 08, 2009

Wanted: Bats that produce Runs




We can all of the above and below we want but if we do not have



some of these that produce runs.....

Patience (pā-shəns) is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties.

Delayed gratification; Good things come to those that wait; Stick it out; Persevere; Determination; Persistence....

I understand all these concepts as I've worked hard all my life doing such things....being a single parent it took me a few more years to actually get my first degree...then waited till much later to obtain my second one. Working hard I finally attained a position in a company for which I am very proud to have.

A few years back the Red Sox finally after years of a drought won a World Series....a few more years and they won another so it's totally understandable that they hunger for more. But what we don't want to do is be like the NY fans and have that sense of entitlement that we SHOULD win a World Series...that it belongs to us and no one else. I want each and every time we win a World Series to really mean something....that we dug in hard and fast and earned it. It seems to me that when things come too easy for folks....it's not always appreciated.

SO I say all of this today because I want you Red Sox fans to hold on...be patient.

The Red Sox never do things easy for us. But just believe. Have faith. And wait.

Good things are coming your way.

2 comments:

Ted D said...

I like it, Tex. KTMMF.

I've got a feeling the boys are about to rattle off a streak of awesomeness not seen since the 2004 ALCS/World Series.

May even be a bloody sock in there somewhere just for old times sake.

Tex said...

I dont care where the blood comes from at this point. SOMEBODY'S GOTTA PAY!!