Monday, September 05, 2011

Not Just Any Woman

A woman passed on today but she won't be forgotten because she's not just any woman. Every time I hear a loud whistle, see a ocean wave, hear someone sing to the top of their lungs, see a purple outfit, eat a bowl of Bluebell, watch a baby laugh, and smell a good pot of gumbo I will think of her. Of course those aren't the only times...she blessed me with so much love and compassion for others that it's not a surprise what career I chose. And as much time and energy as she spent on trying to keep me in Orange...it's funny to know she still did her last ditch effort at bringing me back. You see, I had left for Austin to return to work...only to receive a phone call on the other side of Houston that I needed to return as she had gotten much worse....few minutes later another phone call and she was gone....so here I am back in Orange, Mom. Missing you.

2 comments:

Ted D said...

Donna, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like your Mom left a Texas sized legacy behind; I'd have liked to have met her but I'll meet her someday.

sittingstill said...

I'm so very sorry, Donna. Both your words and your life are a wonderful tribute to your beloved mother. Hugs to you.