Friday, June 25, 2010

Do Not Let the Size Fool You

I'm 5'2    and 1/2".  Yeah I claim every single 1/2 inch of stature but NEVER let my size fool you in what I am capable of.  I will stand up to a man of 6'4" and call him a 'Dick' if that's what he deserves.  Dynamite comes in small packages and up there in the Rocky Mountain High area, I think they got a taste of it as well.  Pedie saved Paps ass BIG TIME last night by dinging his last home run to put us back over the Rockies after Papelbon was playing rock-paper-scissors with every at-bat.  Extra Innings with a west coast game that takes biting your nails to the extreme....I'm dragging here today trying to focus on work. So I figured if I wrote a little diddy about the game, I'd get it out of my head and perhaps get something done. 

5 for 5 and 3 Home runs with 3 Runs and 4 RBI's.  Last night. Apparently the last Red Sox player to hit 3 Dingers in one game was Millar in 2004.  I love these sort of stats because it shows you not to underestimate the players who may not appear to be a hero of a game.  I'm sure if you ran into Dustin on the street at Sullivan's or Dunkin's, you may not even recognize him cos....or maybe you would cos with his personality (after reading just some of his book I get the jest he is a smack talker in general), you could possibly overhear him talking smack to the girl behind the counter on how many donuts he could eat in less than 5 minutes or how many tires he could change in less than one hour.  He's a competitive little dude....but don't let him know I called him little.   But as you can see, JB definitely leaned 'over' so he wouldn't be taller than Dustin.

It was told that Dustin was heard chanting as he walked by Papelbon in the locker room last night "Who's Your Daddy?" **





**Ok maybe that was made up but it sounds like something he would do...and I'm willing to bet my Red Sox tickets in Texas that he did.

3 comments:

hannah said...

hey, Tex! it's me...

Tex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tex said...

sent you a FB request