Monday, July 12, 2010
Three Days...Three Nights
Instead of writing a long involved recap of the season to date, let me ask you this question.
If on Opening Day I said the following would be true at the All-Star break ...
* Josh Beckett would have one win.
* Jacoby Ellsbury would play nine games.
* Mike Cameron would have three home runs and 14 RBIs.
* Dustin Pedroia would hit .213 in May then go on the disabled list on June 26.
* David Ortiz would have one home run in April.
* Guys named Darnell McDonald and Daniel Nava would become regulars.
* Bill Hall would be in the top nine in plate appearances on the team
* Every reliever outside of Daniel Bard and Jonathan Papelbon on the Opening Day roster would have ERAs over 4.59.
* Tim Wakefield would have the third-most innings pitched on the staff.
... would you have said the Red Sox would be 14 games over .500 and within three games of a playoff berth?
Nuff said....Let's Play Ball!!!
Posted by Tex at 6:48 PM