Thursday, January 17, 2008

How Do You?

How do you close a door that’s never been opened?
End something that never began?
Turn the page when you’ve never read?
It’s like having the meat without the potatoes
The chowder without the cream
The cake without the icing.
I keep waiting for my time. Our time.
But it will never come. Not at this rate
Looking back at life. I need not waste my time
On souls who seek my weakness, hearts
who desire to kill my spirit
to make it his.
How do you walk away when he’s everywhere you go
but nowhere you end up?
You breathe. inhale deeply. exhale gently.
Then with purpose, your heart moves forward.

11 comments:

Ted D said...

Don't waste time, Tex. You deserve a whole lot more than that.

As you know, I can't go too deep. I'm a li'l fella remember.

But this is good stuff. I wish I had the magic answer for you. As your adopted little brother I want nothing for you but happiness. And I believe it WILL happen one day.

Just keep on Keeping the Fair.

Tex said...

thanks Ted. Works not the only thing thats weighing on me...which is why i really did need spring training.

Ted D said...

I know, Tex. And I've said it before; you want to rage against the machine, you've got my email.

I can't promise any wisdom, but I can guarantee a willing shoulder to rest on.

Tex said...

well bed calls.

Ted D said...

Night, Texas.

I think I'll follow your lead and do the same.

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Redbeard76 said...

How many roads must a man walk down Before you call him a man?

hope things are going ok down there Tex. :)

beckperson said...

Tex, at least you get to look forward to our visit...not the same as Beckett, but it's all I've got. AND, Bob's brother might come along. He's a musician (and single)...but it's not for sure yet...nor is the date, but IT WILL HAPPEN.

Guess what? Got tickets for Cincinnati games and I'll hold one for you if you can make it, my friend.

Tex said...

wait..you dont know if he's single or he's coming? ;)

Cinncinnati?? ::goes to check schedule::

beckperson said...

Wait, I know my bro-in-law is SINGLE, but not 100% positive that he'll be joining us.

Cincinnati: June 10-13 (I think)

Ted D said...

Tex, this guy is the brother of the guy who married Becks. He's GOT to be good people.

Tex said...

now look becks...you made Ted into a matchmaker. whoever ropes Tex is a mighty mighty man