Saturday, January 19, 2008

Me Thinks Thou Dost Protest Too Much

Bad dreams are not good....bad dreams that seem real are really not good....but those real life situations that turns into a bad dream are far worse. Last night I had a dream about Roger. I'm not certain what spurred the dream but nonetheless...it woke me up.

All I recall is I was at Roger's door knocking...he finally answered the door with a smirky smile. Debbie was off to the side doing pull-ups (HEY its a DREAM...I didn't get it either). His kids were standing around. So I started talking to him about the steriod issue...when I said to him, "Roger there are people who hate you and think you're guilty but there are still people who love you...you need to just come clean and tell the truth". He just stood there shaking his head up and down smiling....then I woke up.

Why I did dream about this ex-baseball hero of mine? I hadn't talked about him that day...I have no clue what was going on.

What I should have said to Roger was, in the words of a late great writer, "me thinks thou dost protest too much"

7 comments:

Ted D said...

Tex, I'm not Freud, but the fact he was your favorite player for so many years has GOT to be why you thought of him. And more than likely, your dreaming what you did is what you really wish would happen; he'd come clean.

Or the better possiblility is I'm full of crap and have no idea what I'm talking about. But I do like the picture you used; and someone told me this yesterday. The guilty usually protest too much, so you may be on to something.

Tex said...

It was just such a real dream...me standing there telling him how I felt as a fan. and he didnt even seem to cARE!

Ted D said...

Well, that seems like it's pretty much spot on. I think all he's worried about at this point is his legacy and the HOF, no matter what he say's.

Tex said...

I bet his mother is turning over in her grave.

Ted D said...

I'd have to guess she's not really pleased with how things have gone here lately.

Katiee said...

Oh Hamlet...
Love the picture and the quote lol
the dream is interesting don't really know what it means though

Beazer said...

You're the only person I know who can make me sad about Roger instead of mad.