Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Don't Wait Till I Die

**picture pulled off of NESN site

Eric Hurley writes an excellent piece on giving Pedro his due...and Petey's quote is as typical as Petey can be

"I'm pretty sure my name will be mentioned,” Martinez said of his legacy before his Game 6 start against the Yankees in the World Series. “I don't know in which way. But maybe after I retire, because normally when you die, people tend to actually give you props about the good things. But that's after you die. So I'm hoping to get it before I die. I don't want to die and hear everybody say, 'Oh, there goes one of the best players ever.' If you're going to give me props, just give them to me right now."

Eric details how Petey has transformed himself from a pitcher to fear due to his fastball to a pitcher who likes to pinpoint where he's throwing. Eric says "His motto has gone from “I dare you to hit this” to “now you see it, now you don’t.” I like this.

I don't care how Petey left Boston. I really don't care about the fiasco when he allegedly 'threw down' Zimmer. And the whole pointing at the head situation is SO over rated and overhyped up.

Cos you know...you GOTTA love Pedro...he's a comedian of sorts. Of course, he was joking about giving him props before he dies and all....but WAS HE?

But one thing for sure, Petey knows us. He KNOWS us Red Sox fans like the back of his hand. How you ask that I know this??? Well the following comments were made when asked about Red Sox fans...in the Peter Abraham's article

"They're special fans and they will always have my respect."

and

"I know they don't like the Yankees to win, not even in Nintendo games."

DAMN SKIPPY (to quote a fellow Sox fan)

2 comments:

Ted D said...

I love that man. Even though tonight has been dicey, I'll always love Petey.

Sean said...

What happened? The Yankees are BETTER than you??