Thursday, January 18, 2007

Winter Storms

I guess most of you have seen the winter blast blown in from the North Pole across the Nation. I was going to post some pictures from around Austin, however, due to this little thing copyright laws, I couldn't copy and paste them here. Ooooops!
Having an entire city and almost county be a standstill for almost 3 or 4 days because of some ice on the road must sound absurd to anyone in the New England area. I mean they shut down most government offices, even the Mail didn't run!!
But they had the Governor's Inauguration and Ball....don't get me started.

Trying to take advantage of the time cooped up in the house, I used some of it wisely. However, working two jobs with one of them involving so much traveling and a high stress job made me stop and think. I mean I am not lazy at all, but I started realizing I needed time to decompress. So even though I have this really big project I needed to do....I wasted my last 2 days surfing, posting, watching the tube, cooking, sleeping, chatting, and anything else that would keep me from working on the project.

Now after getting the much deserved rest I so needed, I am ready to conquer this project. I've learned if you don't take care of yourself, you won't be able to take care of anything else in your life.

I was thinking sometimes our lives get frozen for a bit...perhaps for a reason. Maybe we don't realize we need a change, a break... just long enough to see clear, through the hardness of life. Sometimes it comes from a winter storm....sometimes it comes from a life storm....but be very aware that it will come....be ready to thaw.

1 comment:

Ted D said...

GREAT post Texas. My SG commenting at night is my thaw. Work all day, come home and be Dad for 3 or 4 hours, I need to decompress. I'm glad you got the rest, both physical and mental, you needed. Life has a funny way of getting us back on track, huh? I hope you have a great rest of the week, and that your thumb feels better! :)