Sunday, July 13, 2008

"Dirty Water" Book Review

This post is different than all my others as I am going to do a book review for Jere Smith and his mom, Mary-Ann Tirone Smith on the recent book collaboration they had published, Dirty Water. I've been blogging for about 1 1/2 yrs and found Jere's blog, Red Sox Fan in Pinstripe Territory while scoping Red Sox Chick's blog. I've not yet had the chance to meet Jere but I know Red Sox Chick has. I post on his blog on occasion and last year when he was putting together a blog of all the games asking posters to send in photos, I sent ones of the games in Texas. These on-line friendships I've found are becoming more often than not these days. People from all over the country and world for that matter meet on-line on boards they have a common interest with and become friends. Some of us actually get to meet in person and become "real friends". I hope to meet Jere one day but until then....he's still a friend to me.

Back to the purpose of the blog today.

Jere's mom writes and has published several other books but this is the first venture of Jere's and with his mom, co-writing "Dirty Water".

It's got all my favorite elements in it: Crime, Police, Mystery, Baseball, Boston, Fenway & The Red Sox. One surprise element that I found to be a grand slam was that an anonymous blogger and his connections to be a key factor in the entire storyline. "Dirty Water" allows fans to feel a part of the inner circle of the clubhouse and the players lives, while reliving the championship of 2007, throughout the twists and turns of this riddle-laden murder mystery. Of course, I smiled a smile big as Texas when I saw that Jere had used my email name as a blogger post. I'd call this a ALC Pennant Winner. It's a definite read for those who love baseball and mystery.

9 comments:

Ted D said...

Tex, you're famous!

I read about Jere's book at Cyn's blog the other day.

Think I'll have to check it out.

Tex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tex said...

you have to pre order it cos it's not published yet. I have a draft for the review.

and i was already famous. ive been in a documentary and ebook member? besides, Im Tex. Course im famous

Ted D said...

I read the Ebook, Tex.

And yes, I know you're already famous.

I never had a famous sibling before. ;)

Jere said...

Tex: Thanks for your review. I'm so glad you liked it.

And ted: I looked for your email address to send you a review copy, but couldn't find it on your blog or in your profile.

Crystal said...

How do you order the book?

FIRST PLACE!!! WOOT!

Crystal said...

Just found it on amazon.

I'm so smaht. ;)

Tex said...

smaht ASS :)

Ted D said...

jere, I'll send you an email. That'd be awesome.

Thanks, man.