Friday, July 06, 2007

What's there NOT to LOVE??


How can you NOT love this guy??? I mean for a minute let's forget his baseball stats..i know it's what he's known for but...put that aside for now. Manny gives us smiles, giggles, spitting out my beer at the screen laughing, cracking up goofy-ass looks, lollygagging in left field, his on the field dancing antics, in the dugout handshakes, manhugs, and _____ (you fill in the blank). Manny loves the game...he shows this not just by his playing ability but by his attitude and his Joie De Vivre. I'm like Dover...I can't imagine this team without him....I hope when he retires, he'd come back and instead of the color guy being an announcer....Manny could be the color guy for the dugout....he'd make the team smile and loosen up...and he'd make me smile and personally I think Manny would do it for free.

12 comments:

Ted D said...

Tex, I'm all for that. And while Manny gets a bad rap, I agree with you. He loves the game and loves what he does: you can't have that much fun otherwise.

I emailed that picture to Scott, my sisters, and Matt earlier today, and titled it "Who? Me?"

Carol says I have man love for Manny: and I guess I do. Besides, Rakes and Ciera love him: they have good judgement!

Tex said...

you tell Scotty that our brain waves are due to our intense love for the Sox...we think alot alike and we're just wanting to portray our boys as we see them.

Ted D said...

He'll be here next week Tex: consider it done.

Carol Rally said...

Folks - Online or in person, I think he would still say "pass the joint" lol.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Tex I think you two just microwave things with foil over them.

Tex said...

what are you saying scottie?? we're baked?

Tex said...

cc are you saying that's how Manny "rolls"? :)

Ted D said...

I refuse to believe that such a well balanced individual such as Manny would ever smoke the happy leaf.

Texas, I imagine you are packing your bags right now for your trip: remember, we have the Bail fund on stand by if you need it.

Just call BR549 and we'll get it right out.

Tree Newt said...

Yeah, Manny's NOT on weed. That's like saying Al Gore is NOT going to run for Pres next fall.

Tex, I like your idea about Manny doing color from the dugout. Baseball would then be taking a page out of the Hockey book. Yeah, they started broadcasting from the bench this year. Of course, I'm the only person south of Canada that cares, but hey!

Stacy said...

I think he's just a big boy playing a game he loves for a living. Until I see undocumented photos of him smoking the happy weed, I'll choose to believe the best. :)

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Look at his freakin hair for gods sake. Either he is a refugee from Haiti or a walking billboard for panama red!

Tex said...

Scottie boy...now why does a hair do symbolize anything???? Its just freedom of expression with Manny...he likes attention...what part of ADHD dont you get??