Monday, May 28, 2007

PigPen returns

This is the picture I like to think of about Trot....he was talking to the crowd at the World Series parade and ya see that video cam in his hand?? I like to think that back at home during the off-season after that World Series win...Trot, his wife and kids watched this video and me, TEX, was on it...screaming and yelling "We love YOU SOX!!" Watching the boys that day "float" by on those Duckboats with their videocams capturing all the excitment and FANS....made me realize: THEY did NOT want to forget this moment either! It was a dream come true for many of them who had fought the long hard fight as a Red Sox player just to get to this moment. Trot had been with us for many years....and had adopted Boston as his 2nd home. He loved us....ok so I'm not really a Bostonian but he LOVED the passion of the Sox fans...and I AM ONE OF THOSE!!!

Today we will watch Trot take his "old place" but will be wearing No. 33....I find it ironic that he will be wearing the "other Dirt Dog" of the Red Sox's number. As much as I love Trot...I hope for our Win today to continue our journey to October.

Trot, we will always love you.....always a special place in our hearts for you....but I love the Red Sox so much more.....I'll smile when I see you and root for you to strike out.

7 comments:

KAYLEE said...

My hearts in the same place as your Tex.Trot we all love you and always will no matter what uniform you wear.WE will all be rooting for you but,we still have passion for our team and want them to beat you guys:)

Tex said...

Well ourboys won tonight!!! Trot hit his first at bat to Drew...very good. Great applause for him tonight!!!

KAYLEE said...

YES it was a great game for both Trot and the red sox yankees are 13.5 games back.Oh i love typing that:-)At least you can spell right here:)

Tex said...

kaylee i take my time here cos I dont want it to look bad

KAYLEE said...

haha okay whatever works:),,,

KAYLEE said...

those extra comas were put in by my baby brother

::acts innocent::

HorshamScouse said...

I'm with you all the way Tex. Trot had been with the club since before I came a big Sox fan and He and Tek were the only players still on the roster from my first live games in '99.
It would be great if there was a way for him to be involved with the club at some level when he finishes.