Thursday, May 17, 2007

Red Sox fans we have a New Dirt Dog












I know there was a doubleheader today...but for some reason I just find this photo making me smile.....this 2007 team has similar characteristics of the 2004 team, perhaps better.




Every game it seems another player pops up a Hero. Taz was awesome today pitching....and Hinske GOOD GOD BOY!! I think that was the BEST catch I've ever seen. ... and THEN the Freaking HOMERUN!!!! When we lost Trot, I thought now WHO am I gonna yell "Dirt Dog" to?? I mean which one really epitomized that term??? I mean all of them play hard...but Tonight...Eric displayed a Trotesque catch that I think the original Dirt Dog would have been proud of.


Tomorrow night my Texas boy Beckett is on DL so Hansack is brought up for the start. PV's and Rally Hoots for him. Hopefully I can find a great pic of the catch so I can put that up here as well.


and I just thought I'd leave ya with this
Boston 27 12 .692
New York 18 21 .462 WHICH interprets to 9 games BACK!!!



9 comments:

Ted D said...

Morning Tex: love the post. Hinske had no BUSINESS catching that ball!

Great catch, and the grin on his face as he rounded the bases after the homerun was classic!

Taking 3 out of 4 from the Tigers is no easy task: that's a quality team right there. GREAT series win for the Sox, and hopefully Mother Nature cooperates and we can get the three games in with Atlanta.

Tex said...

something's wrong with your Post Ted...I cant leave a comment :(

perhaps Hinske shouldnt have went after the ball...but I shor am glad he did.

Ted D said...

Tex, I saw that this morning: Imagine that, me with technical issues!

I threw a new one up real quick a few minutes ago: Matty thinks that when I posted it last night they may have been updating blogger and thats why.

Have a GREAT day.

Stacy said...

Tex, you and Ted are thinking along similar line re: the 2004 / 2007 comparisons. Hope you're right!

I can't make fun of Ted with the computer; I know even LESS than he does, now that he's Blogger Man.

Have a great weekend!

Ted D said...

Great minds and all right Texas?

Tex said...

GMTA as always. No game tonight...but Im watching repeat on nesn...coworker amy coming over to imbibe a bit...then off to hip hop

KAYLEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAYLEE said...

I like have Hinske on the team.I like the kind of player he is!I am okay with no game tonight!I couldnt have watched it anyway.My boy is more important:-)

KAYLEE said...

GREAT LOSS BY THE YANKEES TONIGHT:)