Thursday, June 07, 2007

No No-No...but a Win nonetheless




DAMN! I was busy today at work..BUSY ya hear me?? I forgot the boys were playing mid-afternoon...and so when I went on line to SG...all were talking about the game. Dangit...so I turn on GameDay and watch well the updates. I still didn't have time to keep up with posting and keeping up with what was going on. I left work 15 min late, walked in turned on the game....when SotB called me....she wants me to sit and watch the game while she is driving home..??? I'm like "uhmm ok" She was trying to get home for the bottom of the 9th...I told her she wasn't going to make it cos there were 2 outs....and now Tek just got out. She asks.."You DO know what's going on right now don't YOU?" I look at the screen..looked at the score...and said "OH MY GOD!" and THEN I got nervous. Kotsay is up....grounds out to Lugo...Kendall is next and again...grounds out to Lugo....ok just one more....come on Ground OUT...FLY FUCKING OUT...STRIKE OUT...we don't care at this point...Schill takes a deep breath....shakes off Tek for apparently a slider....then throws a fastball...Shannon Stewart is up....Schill takes a deep breath...shakes off Tek for apparently a slider...then throws a slider.....and Shannon don't even wait....hits the first pitch and BAMM...hit to right...just out of reach for Cora to grab it. And the No-No is over....::long sigh::


I was thinking it was ironic that a player with a Irish name mess up the No-No for Curt. But on the other hand...we got a Win. Curt being interviewed...was gracious....saying the team needed the win...yah he recognized what was going on...but the team needed the win. So Schill pitched his heart out....and Papi gave us our one run to win the game with one of his classic homeruns off of Blanton.


I can live with that....and I'm sure Curt can too.

21 comments:

KAYLEE said...

I LOVE CURT!and the red sox YAY BOYS!That was an exciting game to watch.

Tex said...

Wasnt it kaylee?? I just caught the 9th inning but dvr'd it. heading to the park

KAYLEE said...

did you watch it yet? if not you definately should.

Ted D said...

Shannon Stewart is Irish? Color me surprised. ;)

Tex, we were close: I almost used the girl with the sign for my picture, but went with the man hugs. Because after Tek, Curt is the most uncomfortable looking member of the team getting hugged! Makes me laugh every time.

I am bent I neglected to dvr the game: can you magically copy it for me Tex?

Tex said...

It would be magic...cos I dont know how..but I will find out how to...and do it...may take me a couple of weeks...but I will.

i just put that pic of the girl up a min ago with Schill...

i like the manhugs...I was watching on tv as they were hugging..I loved seeing him hug josh

Tex said...

oh and Shannon is an irish man's name I believe...not sure about Stewart

Ted D said...

Schilling and Beckett hugged?

Glad you tivo'd it Tex: that may be worth some money, seeing them 2 manly characters hugging each other!

If you can figure out how to do that, you get an extra beer from me in Baltimore.

Tex said...

::counting the free beers Im getting::

KAYLEE said...

TEX YOU ARE GUNNA BE DRUNK IN BALTIMORE if people dont quit offering ya free beers.

Tex said...

uhmmm kaylee that IS the point

Janet said...

You owe ME a beer! If I hadn't called you right then... ;)

Ted D said...

OK Tex: since you owe SotB one, that cancels out the one I owe you.

So we're even.

Sorta.

Tex said...

Ted we're NEVER even...i give you all the blog lessons and you get all the praise for your blog on sg...no one notices me :(


;)

Ted D said...

I notice you Tex: you do a great job here. And if an idiot like me can appreciate your poetry, I KNOW other people will.

::thinks Tex is trying to use sympathy to get me to buy her that beer::

Tex said...

::thinks Ted is being a smartass and trying to get out of buying Tex beers:


::sticks out tongue::

Ted D said...

::is insulted Tex would EVER think that. Sticks tongue out back at Tex. Hopes Tex is doing OK::

Tex said...

hey Ted...email is on its way

Ted D said...

::just checked email. Taps foot impatiently::

Tex said...

jeeeeeeeez I had to write it

Ted D said...

I can't help you type slow.

::rolls eyes::

Ted D said...

Tex, check your email.

And contrary to you, it's already been sent.