Saturday, April 28, 2007

You Too Can Be Happy...

Ok for tonight, let's get our minds off of baseball. As most of you who know me, I am alittle deeper than the mud puddles after a rainstorm so I often ponder life and what it holds in store for me. I find it sometimes walking around Town Lake...often watching little kids with their parents...the sunsets....most more so the sunrises as I drive to work. I find myself losing my train of thought while looking outside the plane windows. I've gone through alot in my life...doesn't matter to mention what....it just matters that I've grown from it. I used to stagnant in my thoughts...but now I move on. As I tell those who ask if I believe if people can change...I say they can but two things are important: 1. they have to WANT to change. 2. they have to reach rockbottom...THEIR rockbottom.

We all have our own rockbottoms....now I'm not necessarily talking about changing cos you are committing crime...I'm talking about behavior that isn't good for you, mentally, emotionally or physically. I'm reading this magazine article in SELF (yah I know you're surprised) about Happiness. Three things are focused on: 1. Find time for happiness. 2. Learn to listen to your gut. & 3. Know where you're headed. Of course there's alot of good info in the article but one exercise under listening to your gut, I found interesting.
Write at least endings to each of the following sentences and don't second guess your answers:
1. If I bring 5% more awareness to my life....
2. The things that make me happy are...
3. If I were to say yes when I wanted to say yes..
4. If I were to say no when I wanted to say no...
5. If I let myself know what happiness feels like...

I challenge you to do this exercise.

If I bring 5% more awareness to my life....
1. I would hold my tongue before I speak
2. I would hold doors open more for others
3. I would compliment others more
4. I would make time to volunteer
5. I would realize there were other things on tv other than baseball...(OK...maybe this one is a crock but you get the picture)

See ... it doesn't have to be all deep like the ocean. Simple...that's my life...Simple and Sweet.

No comments: