Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rain's in Boston...but Sun is Shining in Texas


So the game is cancelled and we're left to watch some other team play ::long sigh::
So I just returned from my business trip to San Angelo and had my camera with me, convincing my coworker to let me stop a few times to take pictures of the scenery...I thought I'd share a photo of the wildflowers in my wonderful state of TEXAS!
Bluebonnets are in the foreground with tons of other wildflowers surrounding them. It's such a gorgeous sight during the Spring here in Texas...all around the Hill Country. Texas gets such a bad rap but what people don't understand is there is a diverse terrain in my state. I took about 40 some odd pictures of this sight...and then we stopped at this small bridge...which was fairly dangerous as I sat on the very small stoop by the guardrail while passing cars/trucks/18-wheelers went by...I know I know....but the river was awesome!! We even saw some zebras and took some pics of them. After finally almost to Austin...my coworker commented to me "You seemed to really be enjoying yourself while you were taking those pictures". I smiled...I do love taking in the beauty around...and enjoying seeing the final results. It may be raining in Boston....but the Sun is SHINING in TEXAS with Wildflowers abounding.

12 comments:

KAYLEE said...

Nice picture I love flowers:-)
AT least i dont have to listen to ESPN:)

Tex said...

wish I could post all the pics...gotta upload them to photobucket

KAYLEE said...

yeaah I know thats a pain to do:)

HorshamScouse said...

On a pillow of bluebonnets
In a blanket made of stars
(DCX, but you knew that:))

Great pic Tex, especially full screen. Could almost smell the flowers. And here's me thinking Texas is a desert with nodding donkeys:)

Tex said...

Horsham I LOVE that song. its one of my fav songs of theirs!!!

Ted D said...

I'm here, I'm here: I just checked it about 2 hours ago. Sorry Sis, like I said, I suck at multi tasking.

Very pretty flowers: and did you say you saw some Zebra's? In Texas?

We used to go to Brownsville, TX every year for Spring Break with Mom and Dad. We usually went straight down from OKC, but one year Pop wanted to do the scenic route and we went through West Texas. I'm trying to remember if I've ever been to Austin, but can't recall.

Glad you made it home safe: thanks for reminding me to come over here.

Saw the other pics you posted at SG: you really do live in a beautiful state.

Tex said...

please emphasize that "beautiful" part to others :)

yes some zebras..Ill post them at SG

Ted D said...

Isn't that a little dangerous? Wild Zebras running around in a state where everyone carries a gun?

:)

KAYLEE said...

everyone carries guns everywhere TED!

Tex said...

i think they were on a wildlife preserve

Stacy said...

Tex, that is a gorgeos picture! Love those Texas bluebonnets!

VTek said...

Nice photo; I enjoy taking nature photos as well.